Friday 4 September 2020

SCAM ALERT!!! . . . IS ADULTHOOD A SCAM?

Ok,

I put forward a short essay yesterday and from the feedbacks I got, it is imperative for me to shed more light on my position and further ask you to share your opinion on this subject matter: Is Adulthood a Scam?

As I clarify my position, I'll like to get your honest responses and try as much as possible to be objective in your answer as dogmatism is an aberration to knowledge.

Let me not fail to relate with the concept behind the saying; "Adulthood is a Scam" so I won't be guilty of what I'm defending since our metamorphosis from childhood to teanage and adulthood evinced us that 'adulthood is nothing to crave for' since it comes with a lot of mystery we're yet to unravel.

But I beg your pardon to ruminate on what makes your childhood such a wonderful experience and probably out of many other reasons you might allude to it, definitely "conscious preparation" will pop up on the list. I mean none of us entered childhood unconsciously because it took the deliberate efforts of our parents to procreate us and nurture us through this stage.

It's always said "A pregnant woman doesn't complain of lack of resources upon childbirth" because obviously a detailed plan should have been in place before the baby comes (at least in a normal setting) and as we grow, our parents & guardians dish out activities to us that made us consciously know what to do per time even when we don't understand; time to go to school, to solve assignments, to play around, and doing house chores are clearly earmarked.



In my candid opinion, I perceive that some of us are clueless about what do at adulthood and having had so much expectations and demands about this stage, we get there only to be disappointed because it falls short of our painted ideal. Or probably because there's a misplaced priority, not getting what we think we should get at a particular time is another factor to look into.

Adulthood are also in stages and multiple diverse phases, so if you are not cautious of the phase of it you're in, you're probably going to be among the pessimists. Looking forward to make money when you are in the phase of building business, expecting to be leader when your phase dictates that you be a follower, hooking up in marriage when you're still in the phase of relationship will only make you to misconstrue adulthood as a scam.

Nevertheless, adulthood will remain a scam to those who have not discovered their purpose of living, lack faith in God, fails to self develop, prefers enjoyment before smart works and lacks the understanding of time and season they are in.

Whilst everything I pointed out, what exactly is your candid answer to this question: *Is Adulthood a Scam?*

*Emmanuel Adegboyega*
*EMMANUELA D'A MUSE*

No comments:

Post a Comment