Friday 23 August 2019

5 Bad Habits You Need To Stop When You're In A Relationship: III


Losing touch with friends and family.


One of the greatest mistake you will probably do is giving so much concentration on your relationship at the expense of family and friends, do I say you shouldn't give considerable concentration to your relationship?
Of course not but that should not be a reason why shut the doors of family and friends relations.

You can't afford to behave as if those who have been around you before you start a relationship doesn't matter anymore, truth be told if you're in a kind of relationship that makes it difficult to have healthy communication with family and friends, that's an indication it's not the best you can be in.

So having friends or keeping a new one within a relationship isn't a bad idea provided there's no strings attached and you afford your partner of knowing the pros and cons of such friendship.

Every time I think of my bonds with people, my mind drifts back to The Sims video game.

In The Sims, when you talk to your mom or friends, you get points for being social, and a meter of your relationship helps you keep track of how close you are with someone.

The more you talk, the tighter your relationship becomes, and the more points you stack up with your friend/family member/lover.

I think about these fictional points in real life all the time.

I can sense when my social barometer with someone starts to plunge, when I haven’t reached out to them in a while.

I try to reconnect with them to keep the relationship moving forward.

Before, I used to skip hanging out with friends or going to events to stay home and watch a movie with my boo, but no more!

I will never let myself lose friends over a boyfriend again, especially since friendships tend to outlast relationships.

A best friend will be there to help you pick up the pieces long after any relationship shatters, so it’s critical not to take a pal for granted.

Never again will I repeatedly blow friends off for a guy.

He will still be there when I get back from a night on the town with my ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment