Sunday 2 June 2019

My relationship dilemma






As regards the latest question I received concerning my blog which is "Emma, have you been caught up in relationship before?". Of course the answer is A YES. Here is my love story....
Let me start from the recent and then draw it back to the memory lane, I'm this kind person of that grew up among wonderful and amazing ladies/women been the only male in a family of four, though I have a senior male fellow who of course is my dad but he never stays around enough to count him as a member of the family so it has always been myself, my mum and my elder and younger sisters respectively. Due to this holistic factor, I do more of feminine things ranging from personal hygiene to looking good even till this present moment I still use face cleanser, apply brown pancake powder and do a whole lot of supposed feminine things. The implications of these background is
that it makes it difficult for me to be emotionally attached to any female out there because I have a whole three of them at home who always got my back. So, naturally females found me to be a better guy as I behave towards them as I would to my compatriots at home, I like almost all females around me right from school to church and any other gathering I'm lucky to be amidst them, I joke with them freely, put smiles on their faces and I go extra miles sometimes to call some of them my girlfriends as the case may be, from this perception if I'm good at numbers there should be almost ten  mouth-proclaimed girlfriends of mine all together. On the long run, I discovered those mouth-proclaimed girlfriends of mine are actually the ones have got special feelings for in one ways or the other but those feelings never saw the limelight.
Recently, I confessed to one of these girlfriends of mine that come let's be frank about this thing, I agree to the fact that have been unserious about the manner I approached you but I'm damn serious I sincerely liked you right from the beginning to the extent that I had to call a radio station to help profess my seriousness to her but alas it was a campaign after election as she's already in a serious relationship. I also have this attitude, when I like a lady, I put such lady under surveillance for a minimum of six months even before saying hello to her because I have discovered I'm this type of person who finds it difficult to differentiate between empathy and likeness when it comes to females.
Every person has admirers and of course I have mine also, out of several numbers of them out there, two actually made it obvious and one was bold enough to confess her love to me but the gist is that those two were never in the circus of my girlfriends so I found it hard for me to relate with their feelings for me so I was just continuing to be the nice friend I used to be. At a time, I began to have sympathy for this lady who professed her love for me and I was been driven into given her special attention because I couldn't deny the fact she really meant what she said and she was passionately truthful about it but I was lucky not to get too much involved because as that time we're both final year students and so after exams we went our separate ways though after a while I craved for her attention but I guessed she never wanted her feelings to be hurt the second time so she never responded to my clarion call and that was I wrote about "whom should I love?" in my previous post.
I decided to put at this concluding part because it still remains part of my love story that never ceased  to amaze me because I don't know what to call a relationship that the point of entry and exit remained obscure like I couldn't say I literally toasted this lady in question. Here's the full gist: it all started during my high school days when I was in SSS2 that I first set my eyes on this neatly dressed female student at an evening lesson outside my school, as a matter of fact that was the first time I would see a student as neat as to that extent at such hour of the day,  her white uniform and socks was as if she never wore them since morning and the green skirt ironing was still obvious at such hour, the black sandals shining like early morning sun and so all these attributes were my first attraction on site but I never planned to act on this feeling but I couldn't helped it as it turned out that we have to take the same route to our houses and unavoidably meet on the road every morning on the way to our separate schools. As times go by, I found her to be brilliant as she contributes wonderfully in class and had master on issues even outside class discussion so we became best of friends and visits each other more often than none and before I know what's happening every nook and cranny of the school is filled with the rumours that I'm dating this particular lady, my friends got jealous because she seems to be a big catch (of course she is) because as at that time I was the only one among my circus of friend who is dating a classmate and not just any but a senior girl of a school at that, guys can actually know that kind of feelings. Due to the structure of the evening lesson we attended where there was almost at least five students from all the secondary schools in the town that attended the lesson the rumours of our dating spread like fire in all the schools and it seems as if the rumours were too widespread that my saying no to it would not have a made a change so I simply kept mute when questioned on the topic but then the interpretation then was silence means yes. To complicate the whole story, my mom and sisters were beginning to taunt me about this lady and how much they really liked her and a whole lot of that so due to these factors, we both found ourselves in a relationship and throughout the three-four years we spent in relationship together there was nothing more serious than a two time hugging and a forehead kissing. The relationship was actually fun and lively, I learnt to love for the first time in my life someone who is not a family member and if there's one thing I could say I sacrificed in the relationship it would be that I stopped sagging my trousers after all efforts by my teachers strokes of cane proved abortive.
Though I love this lady in question so much that even when we put an end to the relationship between us we still get along as close friend, I still feel cheated because she actually dated a friend of my best friend then and both the lady and this friend of mine never told me until I discovered by myself and so the question remains does who you regards as your best friend feels the same about you?
Be that as it may, as at the time of writing this article I'm not in any romantic relationship and I'm not planning to start one soon because have got a lot on my hands to focus on but I believe at the right time, I will be able to fall in love again and enjoy the aura that accompanies it.

2 comments: